Monday, June 9, 2008

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes awhile ago, but am just now getting a chance to add them. I remember that when I told my husband I was going to make cupcakes, he said "why are you doing that, the kitchen is clean, you'll just mess it up." He is so ungrateful sometimes :) He must not have been too upset about it because he came into the kitchen several times asking when he would be able to have one.
Onto the cupcakes, I had originally intended to use a peanut butter frosting and dip them in Mercken's chocolate and create kind of a Reese's peanut butter cup, but the frosting was too thick and it just wouldn't spread. But I'm glad that didn't work, otherwise it just would have been way too rich. So I made a peanut butter cake, added chocolate chips to the batter and baked it. Once they had cooled I dipped them in the chocolate and let the chocolate harden. Then I used my secret peanut butter candy recipe (it isn't really a secret, I would tell you if you asked me) and made sort of a Hershey's kiss design on the top. They turned out very tasty and I would definitely make/eat them again. Once again, my picture is blurry...but now that I remember, my husband took the photo, so we will blame him.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I am so glad to hear from you! Of course I remember you! Its nice to know I'm not the only insane baker/cupcake person in the world. Thanks for telling me about your blog, but whatever you do don't tell me your address or I'll be showing up on your front porch for some cupcakes! -Robyn