Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet Sixteen Cupcakes

My niece turned 16, on January 31, and her mom asked me to make some cupcakes for her celebration. She asked me if I could make some cupcakes with multi color frosting. Could I? Of course I can and I will make them super fun too. I had seem some pictures of multi colored cupcakes and had wanted to make them as well. So here was the perfect opportunity: Tie-dye cupcakes. So I made a regular cake, and divided the batter into 6 bowls and dyed each one a different color, pink, green, purple, yellow, blue, and orange. Filled the liners with spoonfuls of the different colors of batter and then baked them. They looked so cool even without the frosting. But of course, what is a cupcake without frosting, oh yeah, a muffin and there will be no muffins coming from my kitchen! So I made two batches of buttercream frosting and divided the frosting into 6 bowls and dyed each color. Oh and of course I have forgotten to mention that all of the mixing was done by my brand new Kitchenaid MIXER!!!!! Back to the cupcakes. So I striped a couple of bags with the different colors and gave it a multicolor frosting, which topped off the cupcakes perfectly. I was really proud of how they turned out, but most importantly my niece loved them.

3 comments:

jenn said...

those are so much fun! i love them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are awesome! Perfect for teenage girls.
~Marni

Lambchop's Mimi said...

These look delicious!!! Wish I had one right now!!!!