Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bad Ideas

I know that I mentioned that my taste buds are equivalent to a 5 year old's taste buds, but I've found some cupcakes that I genuinely think are bad ideas. The first one I came across seems kind of tame now, but I found a place that makes Tomato Soup cupcakes. Gross. They add walnuts and raisins to the cupcakes and use cream cheese frosting. Thoughts on this?
Another bad idea, a broccoli and cheese cupcake. Now if they took out the broccoli and called it a cheese biscuit, it might be different, but don't suggest this could be a dessert, because it isn't. They didn't use a frosting, really what kind of frosting could you use?
The next cupcake I saw had a musk flavored buttercream. Need I say more? I was really hoping that it wasn't referring to the scent of some animals. The description said it tasted just like a musk flavored lolly. Not helpful. I googled it, and apparently musk is a really popular Australian flavor that is perfume flavored. I once tasted my mom's perfume and I can honestly say that I wouldn't want frosting that tasted like that.
Cakespy, a normally really great website, had the nasty idea of using vegetables to make cupcakes. I understand that lots of people enjoy carrot cake, but they took this a little too far. They made cupcakes, with Snap Peas (gross), Radishes (nasty), Parsnips (ick), but by far the most nauseous cupcake was BRUSSELSPROUTS. And then they tried to make it look cute...

I really hope the cupcake mafia doesn't raid my house for this posting...


1 comment:

jenn said...

yeah...i will have to agree that veggie cupcakes are not a good idea!! :)