Sunday, November 16, 2008

Napoleon Cupcakes, oh wait, I mean Neapolitan Cupcakes

I was pondering what kind of cupcakes I should make for my dessert loving friend's birthday celebration. I wanted to make something that I hadn't made before, and before I knew it, I came up with Neapolitan cupcakes. It was a little bit of a challenge to decide how to incorporate strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla all into one cupcake. After much deep thought, I settled on chocolate and vanilla cake, with strawberry swiss meringue frosting. I added some ghiradelli chocolate chips for extra flavor and frosting accents. I thought they were very delicious.


At one point while I was making the cupcakes, I remembered that I use to ask for Napoleon ice cream, and I would always get funny looks, but no one corrected me. I'm not sure when I finally figured out that the proper term was Neapolitan. Thank goodness I figured it out for these cupcakes!

3 comments:

chargerrt said...

While your cupcakes look great and I have ask for you to send me some, please do not ever ship cupcakes in the mail. You Mother did and they do not look like cupcakes when they arrive. So again, do not ship me any cupcakes, I will be content just looking at the pictures

Anonymous said...

I made a novice attempt at cupcakes for Thanksgiving (we're having a few kids). I sprinkled them like only Katie knows how and I wanted to leave you a picture on your cupcake bonanza blog...however, I cannot figure out how to. So...I will email them to you for your own private collection! Happy Thanksgiving!
~HER

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Do you have plans for Christmas cupcakes? If so, what kind?