Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some cupcake fun

My dessert loving friend and I decided to collaborate on some cupcake masterpieces. The result? Pure genius, combined with heaven, equals amazing. We made two different kinds. Both cupcakes were chocolate cake, but we cut out the centers of the cupcakes and put raspberry ganache in one and mint ganache in the other.
Then we put raspberry chocolate frosting and mint chocolate frosting on the respective cupcakes. Our ganache didn't really have time to set up, so when we cut into the cupcakes it was like a molten lava cake.
The mint cupcakes were really good, but the raspberry cupcakes were amazing. I wish I had one right now... and then we took silly pictures with our cupcakes.
I think we had a little too much sugar at that point. I'm looking forward to our next collaborate effort, especially eating it. In fact I'll probably dream of it tonight.

3 comments:

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Wow, those cupcakes look yummy, and you had a little too much funny!

Amber Elder said...

Are you sure it was raspberry and mint in those cupcakes? Hmmm... :) Thank you so much for spending time with Emily tonight!!! Jake and I got home after she went to bed, but my mom said that she had so much fun!!!

chargerrt said...

why don't you ship me some of those cupcakes and I will gladly help you eat them