Monday, September 8, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

With the coming of fall, comes the great taste of pumpkin and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Probably the two greatest spices ever made. My mom especially has a soft spot for those flavors and she made a special request for some spice cakes, and I decided to spice up the cupcakes with some pumpkin puree. I made the cupcakes in a foreign kitchen, meaning not my kitchen. I had to use a hand held mixer and didn't have my double ovens for baking. But I did have my dessert loving niece as my cupcake helper. So we made a spice cake, added pumpkin puree and then topped them with cream cheese frosting. My niece added the cinnamon sugar topping, she is about cute as a cupcake and just as sweet!

2 comments:

Amber Elder said...

I can say, my 2nd empty cupcake wrapper, that these were sooooo yummy!!! A perfect taste and aroma for fall!!!! Oh yes, you have an adorable little helper. :)

Lambchop's Mimi said...

Katie, you are the cupcake queen! I lost count on how many of those yummy spice pumpkin cupcakes I ate on Monday! I know I ate two on the way home to Arkansas. Thanks for making them special for me!!! Mal loved them too, especially the frosting!!!!