Sunday, September 21, 2008

That's A Lot of Cupcakes



"That's a lot of cupcakes," and "that's a lot of work," were common responses when hearing that I would make two hundred cupcakes, for a friend's wedding. My friend's wedding was anything but traditional, it was a rock concert wedding, with a band, groupies, and an internet licensed minister or should I say ministeress. With keeping with the theme of the wedding, I wanted my cupcakes to be unique too, so I made eleven different flavors. We had:
  1. lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting
  2. strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting
  3. cherry cupcakes with limeade frosting
  4. spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
  5. chocolate cupcakes with raspberry frosting
  6. Italian Creme cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
  7. margarita cupcakes with lemon-lime frosting
  8. chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
  9. orange cupcakes with orange frosting
  10. vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting
  11. chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting
I think I went through at least 12 bags of powdered sugar, 8 boxes of unsalted butter, and half a gallon of milk, just for the frosting! Overall I had so much fun making the cupcakes, the wedding cake was a little bit more stressful, but I would happily do it all over again. Thanks Jenn and Cody for letting me provide your wedding with Katie-Cakes. Thanks also to my amazing husband and wonderful friends for helping transport the baked goodies. Couldn't have done it without you!



7 comments:

Amber Elder said...

WOW! I'm impressed!

chargerrt said...

I would really be impressed if you sent me some of them cupcakes

chargerrt said...

Let me know if you need my address

Katie said...

Don't worry I have your address, the only problem is putting cupcakes with frosting in the ever so delicate hands of the US mailing service.

chargerrt said...

Can't you just deliver them?

chargerrt said...

I figured it out, ship the cupcakes without putting on the frosting - put the frosting in a sealed container and I can add the frosting.

Gypsymaison. said...

your cupcake are very delicious and looking so cute.